Monday, January 10, 2011

Have it your way?

Date: December 22, 2010

We've eaten a lot of FANTASTIC food on our tour of Asia thus far, but here, I thought I'd share a couple of photos of our most expensive meal.





These were taken at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport. And 450 baht translates to about $15. Pretty steep for these parts. Actually, pretty steep anywhere. We were searching excitedly for a Subway, after seeing one near the check-in counters, when instead we wandered into a Burger King and noted that they had a veggie burger. Do they have veggie burgers at BK's in the States? I can't tell you the last time I was in a Burger King, but do know that the faux meat patty was not on the menu. Anyway, it pulled us in...and was seriously AWESOME. I am not kidding. Nor am I kidding about the expense. We shook our heads all the way to Cambodia once we realized that the meal cost more than our previous night's lodging, breakfast, and transportation to the airport combined. Whoops-a-daisy!

No comments: