Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spring into Summer!


I'm sure I made the connection earlier in life, but its lovely that the 2 transition seasons' names are also verbs.  (This is what my "baby brain" is doing to me.)



Devin, Yeti and I received some visitors this past winter/spring - one repeat visitor (Mom, on her 5th trip) and a few newbies to the Bay Area...

As it turns out, we once again live in the same state as Pete's best friend, Joey Schaad, and this coincidence was enough to entice him to visit in February.  That said, he spent 24 hours with me and the rest of the week fly-fishing in northern California with Joey.  To Pete's credit, he has visited me in each state we've lived - Arizona (Joey), Colorado (the Avalanche) and now California (Joey again.)  ;)

Pete had a whirlwind tour of the city and the perfect day for it!  We had a nice morning walk from our house up to Twin Peaks, breakfast complete with Irish coffee, and a drive through the city and across the Golden Gate bridge.

View from Twin Peaks

Breakfast at the Buena Vista Cafe

We're on one side of the bridge...

...we're on the other side.


That night Devin and I drove Pete up to Winters, CA and met Joey for dinner before the two boys continued north.

Later that week, 4 new guests arrived.  Mom, Dad, Patty, and Jim descended upon San Francisco for a long weekend filled with wonderful food, fabulous wine, sight-seeing, and of course, a nap or two!  The four of them did the Alcatraz tour, we spent a few days hanging out in the city, and 2 days in wine country.  I really only have a few pictures of their trip and most are from our time with wine.




Nothing on the vines at that time of year, but the mustard grass was incredible!

Yep - even surrounded by vineyards they couldn't forget about Words with Friends.

The boys were happy.


Upon our return to San Francisco.


That's all I have!  I feel bad because it's not the best representation of their time here.  We were busy and had a lot of fun!  Thank you so much for visiting Mom, Dad, Patty, Jim, and Pete!

Until next time...


No comments: