Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Be Our Guest!

Since we moved to San Francisco we've had a healthy stream of visitors and it's been a fabulous way to get to know our new city!  
And of course, wine country!
(My apologies, this is going to be a long one, picture-wise.)  

Stan came out for a week in September...
Stan and I had some time, just us, to take in Union Square and Chinatown, which was a lot of fun.

Wandering around Union Square


Snacks in Chinatown

And later that week, in Sonoma County...

















Laura & Adam came out for a week at the end of October...
We did A LOT of walking around and exploring of San Francisco, ate great food, Laura and I had a very unique massage experience here, and Devin and Adam got into a cab driven by Buzz Brooks.  Who?  Exactly.


What a life!


Mmmmmm!

And of course, wine country!  Although to change it up, we camped overnight.







As it turned out, our campsite was in an RV park (??), but we made the best of it!


At Armstrong Redwoods Forest




Laura and Adam at a cafe in Bodega Bay.  
Adam ordered the "Viking" bowl of clam chowder, yowzah!


Amazing beach off Hwy 1 - Devin and Adam skipping rocks into the Pacific

  






And then, Kelli & Christian came for a week in November...

Their trip included Thanksgiving, which was great because it's always so nice to be with family on the holidays!  We also went up to wine country together, but this time we visited Napa and met Nancy and Jeff there, spontaneously spent the night, and saw Sonoma, the Redwoods, and the coast the next day.  
P.S. Wine country is AMAZING in November!!
(I had a hard time not uploading all of my pictures.)

Wine tasting for 6!



Clean glass club.







Learning...



Of course we had to try a little bubbly as well!



We had Yeti with us, so Devin, Christian, Kelli, and I decided to spend the night up there after an amazing dinner at Farmstead and saying goodbye to Jeff and Nance.

We drove over to Sonoma the next morning.



On Dry Creek Road - this is the spot where, in 2006, Devin asked me to marry him. 


Looking out from the proposal site.





This one is out of focus, but it makes me laugh!






Last dinner with Kelli and Christian at our favorite sushi restaurant so far - Domo. 




Oh my gosh!  Then Jill came down in December!!

Nothing puts you in the Christmas spirit quite like being with family...while walking around Castro.  However, not only did we see naked Santas, but Jill helped decorate our tree (our first real tree), and she brought me the best gift from Alaska - a pair of my very own Xtra Tufs!




We may or may not have gone out to a martini bar called Blondies. 
And I probably didn't have one too many.
(You know what Dad always says about martinis...
...You do know, because he says it all the time.)
(I love you Dad.)

That isn't Jill up there, but how cool would that be?!?
By the way, this is why I live in northern California.

This is Jill.


At Lagunitas.

And of course we took her to Sonoma for one wine tasting before they closed for the day.
Devin bought Jill a great bottle to take home. 

They didn't know what to do with their hands...


Brandon & Nikki came for a quick visit in December as well!!
(I have very little photographic proof to back this.)


Nixx on the Scooter.  (It's actually parked. Ha!)


Nikki, Brandon, and Devin all on their new(ish) iPhones.  
Of course I was giving them crap for all being on their phones. 
(But don't ask me what I used to take the picture.)

AND!!  A few weeks ago, in February, Beth & Matt were here for a week!
Again, I don't have much to show of said week, but it was a lot of fun!
I guess they'll have to come back so I can capture more of it on...film??


__________________________________________________________________

It may be a while before we have guests again, as we'll be traveling ourselves during the next few months.
That said, you're welcome any time!
(SSSJJJV - I CAN'T WAIT!!)

Love, Emily

No comments: