Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Point Reyes for a Day

July 4, 2012

Devin, Yeti and I took a little trip up Hwy 1 to Point Reyes for the 4th of July.  We spent time on the beach playing cribbage, running T, and enjoying a day together.













DSC_0135

DSC_0131


---------------
After the beach we drove to Tomales Bay and stopped at the Oyster Company picnic area.  We really had no idea what we were doing, but the guy selling oysters was very helpful and gave us some instruction.



IMG_0912
Items required: oysters, tool-thing, gloves, lime, hot sauce.







DSC_0152

The oysters were pretty good - better with lime and hot sauce!  I think I could learn to like them a lot more, but don't get me wrong, I ate my fair share.  

Our drive back to the city included a stop in San Rafael for dinner at a place called Sol Food.  It's fantastic, and when you come visit, we'll take you there...  ;)

No comments: