Thursday, November 21, 2013

39 Weeks and Counting


I don't have much time left, and I really want to get a few more pictures up before our little guy graces us with his presence…

I've had a few more ultrasounds than normal with my pregnancy because I'm in the "high risk" category of pregnant women.  Why?  I have borderline high blood pressure, which has been controlled with medication, but has still been watched closely by my primary doctor, my OB and my Perinatologist.  Seriously.  (I can't complain, I've had fabulous prenatal care.)  Here are a few pictures from our 28 week (papaya) ultrasound.



Our little guy has been looking good all along - average for weight and good movement.  I've heard that a lot of women miss feeling their baby's movement in their belly, and I believe it.  I'm thrilled to meet him, but it's nice knowing he's safe and sound in there.

It can't all be about Baby...  




Mom has made 5 trips to San Francisco since June!  (Her 5th is currently in process.)  Each visit has been filled with checking-things-off-the-list.  She has helped shop, build furniture, make food, clean, and she painted the little guy's room!  Mom, we can't thank you enough...



Our 32 week (winter squash) ultrasound.  He continued to look good!  (We had another ultrasound at 36 weeks (honeydew) but no pictures because he was being shy and stubborn and didn't want to have his picture taken.



Working on his room...


His buddies...

Susie Bear, Dean the Giraffe, Stacey Face, and Yeti

Devin - practicing…


My belly...


In non-baby news, Yeti, dressed as "Devin" for Halloween again this year.


"Is this really necessary, Mom?"

At the end of October we went out to dinner with a group of friends - 5 couples in total.  All the guys are in class together and the women...we were all pregnant and due within a month of each other!  (One in early November, two late November, and two early December.)  As I write this one baby has been born and my due date is next on the list!



The next time we all get together we'll have a 50% population increase.

And now, we wait...


No comments: