Saturday, April 5, 2014

A baby.



I really can't remember that first night with Elliot home, but judging by the pictures above I'd say it was rough.  Elliot slept in his Pack 'N Play next to my side of the bed and I'm sure he was eating at least every 2 hours because that was his MO for quite some time.  It's a good thing babies are cute.

Devin and I had the help of 5 (6 with MFK, who you'll remember from this post) grandparents and one auntie for the first few days at home - which was awesome - and Suz and Jill stayed on an additional week which was so very helpful!  They ran errands, cooked, cleaned, walked Yeti, and babysat while Devin and I discovered our new reality.

Pictures from the first few days at home...

Untitled

We spent a lot of time in Elliot's room.  Feeding him, talking to him, looking at him.  The amount of time I can spend simply looking at Elliot is incredible.  It was good to hear/read that you can't spoil a baby because I didn't like to put him down.  

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled
Five days old.

I know that people say babies smile when they have gas or are pooping, but I swear Elliot was smiling a happy smile from the beginning!  He is a kid of many faces.

Untitled

Untitled
Elliot and Nanny T

Yeti has been so good with Elliot, but that's no surprise to those of who know T.  He checks up on Elliot from time to time throughout the day and at night he seems to want to know where Elliot is sleeping - his room or our room.  He knows not to lick Elliot, but I know it's hard for him to resist all that delicious baby drool.

On December 1, Elliot got his first sponge bath.  He wasn't stinky but we wanted to get the residual stickiness from the IV tape out of his hair.  No tears.

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

It's hard to believe Elliot was that small...

No comments: