Sunday, April 27, 2014

The week between 2 and 3.


Our first week without family in town was a success; Devin and I managed pretty well.  We mastered things like using our car seat, assembling strollers, cleaning bottles, wiping pee off the wall next to the changing table, taking Yeti out while juggling Elliot, and so on.

Early in the week we decided to utilize our bitchin' UppaBaby stroller.  We plopped El in and walked to have lunch at a cafe with outdoor seating.  It was amazing!  We realized that yes, we can do this!  We can have our baby and drink wine too.  ;)  We really felt quite accomplished.



I also decided it was a good time to try breastfeeding in public, what with Devin around to help.  I just went for it and it wasn't so bad.  I'm not a fan of the cover - it gets in the way and is mostly a pain, but i guess its better than the alternative.  Also, do you like my shades? Yeah, they are Devin's sunglasses.  Apparently I didn't bring mine.








We also took our boys to the beach.  Elliot was in the carrier, I promise.




The best dog in the whole wide world turned 8 on December 12th and enjoyed a steak in celebration. (The pictures are a bit blurry, but you get the idea.)  We love love love you, T!  This year is an adjustment for all of us and you're doing well so far!


Steak coma.



Elliot finally met Kirsten!  She had been with us in the hospital through his birth, but had to leave before she was able to meet him.  This was an emotional introduction for me because Kirsten was such an important figure in Elliot's birth story.



The rest of the week, in pictures...
BTW, I can't read this book to Elliot withs sobbing.


He loves his Sandy Beach picture!





xoxo


No comments: