Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hyvää Syntymäpäivää Lila!

Finnish Translation: Happy Birthday Lila!
(5 March, 2011)


The Lovely Lady Lila turned 90 in March and we celebrated!  The girls (my mom and aunts) planned a nice open-house-style party and it was awesome to see the people who came to wish my grandmother a happy birthday.  Friends, family, students - she means a great deal to a lot of people...

We put a photo slideshow together for the party, but it's long, so I'm not going to include it in the blog at this time.  Trust me, it's a tear-jerker.  









  






  



So Beth (my aunt) made red velvet cupcakes and brought them to the party...I promise I only ate one.

Beth (my Godmother) and Me

Looking at these pictures, I realize they are very "me" heavy, but at least you get a glimpse of some of the others there.  I also realize the photos aren't great as my camera settings were all wacky - whoopsies!

Us cousins may have gone out after the party.
And Jill and Pete may have ridden a mechanical bull...









Grandma would have been so proud!!

No comments: